All personal data held within the ‘Club Membership’ must be treated confidentially and with sensitivity for the benefit of Stratford Chess Club members. The information may be used by the membership in the following ways:
- To aid communications between Committee Members, Team Captains and other members for general administration such as sending out information pertaining to forthcoming events, arranging games and organising transport on away games.
- The data may be shared with other Chess Club’s and organisations, as appropriate to the Club’s activities.
- The Club - means the Stratford upon Avon Chess Club.
- Member - means any Full or Associate member
- Data – means any information held relating to any member as detailed in the section Data below.
The Club holds personal details for each member as follows:
Telephone contact number/s
This data is held in order to establish the membership lists, to allow communication with the members to inform the members of the benefits, services and events provided by the Club or in which the Club has an interest, to provide information to members on third party events that may be of interest and to facilitate the general administration of the Club.
Sharing of Data
In the event of a member wishing to contact another member, the Club will pass on that information.
The Club will on occasion share an individual’s data with a third-party individual or organisation as appropriate to the club’s various activities. For example, the club may make available contact details to Warwickshire County Chess representatives to allow communication with the member and Warwickshire County Chess. An individual’s data may be shared with The English Chess Federation (ECF) for grading purposes and membership enquiries.
The Club maintains paper records of the data in the form of a membership list and team lists.
Data is held in two ways.
- The website’s communication system
- Various email address lists, Excel and Word documents used for the administration of the Club
Members are able to amend their Data on request to the Membership Secretary who is the nominated Data Controller.
Right to Object
A Member has the right to object to the collection and use of their Data by the Club. However, in the event of a Member or prospective Member exercising this right, the Club will be prevented from providing any of the benefits and services.
The Data Controller is the Membership Secretary of the Club.
JOIN THE CLUB
We are always looking to welcome new players to the club no matter what your ability.