If you are thinking about joining Stratford Chess Club, we recommend that you arrange an introductory visit and come along to the club on a few evenings before deciding. To arrange an introductory visit, please email Peter Stiff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To become a club member please visit the Membership Application page for further details.
Chess Club Subscriptions
The membership fees for the year commencing 1st July 2019 are as follows:
- Standard fee: £90.00 (reducing to £45 after 1st January)
- Under 16 (as at 1/7/19): free if subscribing with adult paying standard fee
- Chess-playing visitors (who have not been Stratford Chess Club members previously): 3 visits free of charge, thereafter £10 per visit
- Any other e.g. university students/members living >20 miles from club venue: fee to be set by Membership Secretary
Fees are payable in full at the time of joining and thereafter every July to the club's treasurer who will provide you with a receipt. No refunds will be issued.
To participate in League matches organised by the Leamington and District Chess League it is a condition that all participants have a minimum of a Bronze English Chess Federation (ECF) annual subscription:
- Adult Bronze One year (expires 31/8/20) – £18.00
- Junior Bronze One year (expires 31/8/20) – £6.00
English Chess Federation (ECF) annual subscriptions for the year to 31st August 2019 can be viewd here ECF Membership Rates.
PLEASE NOTE: the ECF membership year is fixed and runs from the 1st September to the 31st of the following August.
JOIN THE CLUB
We are always looking to welcome new players to the club no matter what your ability.